Recording Issue

May 13, 2013 at 4:04 PM
I am running Windows 7 64bit OS and have today downloaded .net framework 4.5 and installed it then downloaded Spotify Recorder and installed it.

It appears to record songs from Spotify (initially as a WAV file but then this is converted to an .mp3 file as expected. However, initially it would immediately delete the file (which I established from a previous discussion was because I had the "skip songs threshold" set to 30 seconds. I don't know why that happens but anyway, once I had unchecked that the .mp3 file is not deleted but when I go to play it in iTunes the file appears to be shortened to less than 20 seconds and there is no song.

Any ideas what I am or have done wrong?
Jun 26, 2013 at 1:51 PM
Edited Jun 26, 2013 at 1:51 PM
I have this same Issue too!
Jun 26, 2013 at 2:17 PM
I'm sorry to hear that andrea but it would seem no-one who has read this has posted a solution. But, as a consequence of your reply, at least I know it is not just me!
Jun 29, 2013 at 2:07 PM
I just noticed this problem too, and found the cause of it. The short term solution is to uncheck the "Skip songs below threshold" checkbox, since enabling it will remove files at random. If it is set to the default value of 30 seconds, all songs with a duration of 0:00 - 0:30, 1:00 - 1:30, 2:00 - 2:30 etc will be treated as commercials. If you set it to 60 seconds, all songs will be deleted.

The solution for the next release is to change:
duration.Seconds < (int) thresholdTextBox.Value
to:
duration.TotalSeconds < (int) thresholdTextBox.Value