Can't get this to record anything :/

Mar 17, 2014 at 10:13 PM
Edited Mar 17, 2014 at 10:19 PM
So I've just found this apparently really handy tool and I'm trying to get it to work, but it won't.

I've enabled the sound device (why is it an Input device anyway?) and chose it in the program. There's an mp3 being created, but it's dead silence

I'm wondering why this is only listing Input devices though, shouldn't it record an Output device (i.e. speakers)? Where would the sound come from when Windows/Spotify is directing its sound to an output device, not input?

I'm sure I'd get this to work with a Virtual Audio Cable setup, but I'm sure that isn't the point of this little app :P
Or is this software supposed to be used with a "real" cable from output to microphone jack?
Mar 18, 2014 at 4:56 PM
I too had to try a little before this code worked for me. Dead silence may simply be the settings. Confirm that you can hear the sound through the speakers. Visually I can see this in the Volume Mixer - under Device I see Speakers indicating sound levels, and under Applications I see the corresponding level under Spotify (I mute System Sounds so they don't accidently get them mixed into the recording.) Note: I have found one can't mute the sound or it will not record anything but the muted silence. I turn the volume down on the speakers themselves. I hope this helps.
Mar 19, 2014 at 3:25 PM
Well the music was playing perfectly fine.

But this just resolved itself, I got it to work.

My Problem was that I was sending the music to a different audio device (my external soundcard that belongs to my headset) and so the Stereomix of the internal soundcard had no audiosource apparently... I just had to set the internal soundcard as default audio device (since one can't change that in spotify) and then just go :)

That was just something I didn't think about :) So yeah, working fine now...